In this video we cover five critical steps for gun safety to help avoid accidental or negligent discharges of firearms to enhance the safety and security of gun owners and their families.
Too many people die from unintentional shootings, and these essential gun safety tips will help prevent that. These steps for gun safety are the same regardless of the type of firearms are owned, I follow these procedures for my pistols, shotguns, and long rifles.
If you don’t want to watch the video, these are the key points.
1. Treat every gun like it is loaded. It’s not a toy, so do not treat it as such.
2. Never point it at anything that you are not willing and ready to kill or destroy.
3. Keep your finger off of the trigger and out of the trigger well until it is time to shoot.
4. Have positive identification of your target, and be aware of what is behind your target as bullets can penetrate walls and fly thousands of yards.
5. Keep your guns properly secured. Unloaded and with a trigger lock or in a gun safe is your safest method.
Your life is important, take the steps to protect it and that of others!